Our client is an equal opportunity company which operates within the FMCG (Non-Foods) market, primarily distributing value for money tobacco products to wholesalers and corporate retail stores sector. They are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Business Development Manager; who will be required to build on and improve the company’s market position and financial growth.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Build key customer relationships
- Identify new business opportunities
- Have extensive knowledge of current market conditions and strong negotiating skills in order to secure new business deals.
- Prospect for new clients and turn into increased business.
- Grow business throughout African landscape.
- Identify channels within Africa to sell their Tobacco Products
- Penetrate the African market and create a presence of the company brands.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network.
- Reach and build relationships with new customers.
- Implement procedures for growing and developing the business locally and in Africa
- Participate in the pricing solution
- Present new products and enhance existing relationships
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new/existing products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales.
- Knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s propositions and differentiators.
- Submit Monthly/Weekly progress reports
- Forecast sales target to ensure they are met by the team.
- The ideal candidate must have FMCG knowledge and experience.
- 10+ year’s sales or marketing experience or similar work experience in such a position.
- Relevant qualification in sales or marketing.
- Strong negotiation, networking, persuasion, research, sales planning, market and territory knowledge, identification of customer needs and challenges, sales driven, ability to meet set targets and goals, people management, professionalism and Microsoft office.
- Must be able to travel (Africa).
- R50 000 – R100 000 PER MONTH – Depending on Experience
- Medical Aid (50% contribution to the main member)
- Provident Fund