To sustainably grow the sales of products, services and solutions in the Gauteng region through the development of an effective sales team and sales strategy to meet the targets of the the group and management. The Gauteng Region is defined to include Gauteng, Free State, Limpopo, NorthWest, and Northern Cape up to Kathu.
A National Diploma or Trade Test in Instrumentation and Automation
8-10 years in Instrumentation
5-8 years’ experience in a Technical Sales Environment
Valid Driver’s License
Experience in the sale and implementation of process Control Projects and Solutions
A formal (or part time) qualification in Sales management
Experience in sales management
Experience in the use of CRM systems
Knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse
Experience in new Business Development
The Area Sales Leader (ASL) will lead the sales team and Value Added Resellers based in Gauteng region to achieve annual sales targets and growth driven by the Strategy of the company and set and agreed annually by the management team.
He/she is responsible for the Sandton office, efficient operation and safety, and directly or indirectly for the professional and friendly functioning and cooperation of all staff based in this area by working with other function managers and teams.
The ASL Gauteng is required to lead the above sales team to achieve objectives listed below;
• Identify and quantify business potential for the complete range of products, services and solutions for the Gauteng region
• To set detailed budgets and targets to grow the market share in the region in line with organizational goals and objectives
• To develop and lead an effective sales team and Value Added Resellers to ensure consistent achievement of sales and profit targets
• To use the Salesforce.com tool as defined in the C360 sales process of the company to effectively manage the development of leads, opportunities and accounts to meet the agreed targets.
• Improve penetration in TOP accounts (cross selling)
• Improve the penetration of added value such as services and solutions at TOP customers
• Implement sales initiatives, such as the development of temperature sales
• Develop new accounts from prospect, contact and regular to TOP accounts
• Project identification, registration and management of the pursuit and acquisition process according to Standard 201 on the CRM tool C360
• To effectively manage and resolve customer complaints according to the C360 process
• To increase customer satisfaction in the region
• Ensure that the C360 Process and CRM tool is fully embedded in the region
• Compile regular area forecasts against budget
• Drive and maintain the Code of Conduct through your sales team and Value Added Resellers
• Review and maintain our Value Added Resellers contracts, including review of current performance vs. current sales budgets twice a year.
Exceptional knowledge of field instrumentation (practical and theoretical)
Good knowledge of industrial automation processes
Understanding of the South African industrial automation market
Consultative selling skills
Computer literate (Microsoft OS, MS Office, Lotus notes, SAP R3, salesforce.com)
Ability to converse with a broad range of customers on a technical and commercial basis across the organizational hierarchy
Sound basic commercial skills
Ability to understand the products, services, solutions and processes of the group
Good written and oral communication skills
Travel Travel will be required (5-8 days per month). Must be willing to live out as a part of the travel requirements.