Senior C# Developer
A growing Cape Town based, South African Software House, developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software is currently looking for C# developers that will be a good culture fit and focus on areas like Enterprise, Web, Mobile, Thick Client, Web/REST Services, Relational Databases, NoSQL, Messaging Queues etc.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job
Generalist, with a passion for, and proven track record in the following core competency areas:
• Front End, Middle Tier, and Database
Technologies include but not limited to:
• Exposure to data tier abstraction technologies e.g. .NET Entity Framework will be an advantage
• Databases – Relational Databases experience necessary (MSSQL)
• Operating System (O/S) – WINDOWS.
• Exposure to any of the popular Testing Tools preferable.
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job
• Delivery focused – Be deadline driven and adheres to Sprint deadlines.
• Team Player – must be able to work as part of a team.
• Self-Starter – Be able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
• Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment
• Keen attention to detail.
Education and General Working Experience
• Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
• Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 5+ years solid C# on the job work related development experience. Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant technical experience.
• Exposure to Mercurial, Bamboo, continuous integration an advantage.
• Good Object orientation is a must.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential.
• Basic understanding of design patterns and their application
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Developing application software for any redPanda product and / or customised client solutions.
• Development extends to Front-end, Middle Tier and Databases and includes Presentation Layer, Business Logic, Data, Services, Databases and Scripting.
• Maintenance, debugging and problem-solving of existing software products and / or custom client solutions.
• Review product requirements in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
• Unit testing / integration testing Features developed.
• Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
• Setting up new infrastructure environment for products and / or customised client solutions.
• Maintenance and updates to the existing infrastructure environment for the products and / or customised client solutions.
Day to day duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Developing software and writing scripts as per specifications or requirements provided.
• Unit testing / Integration testing.
• Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team:
• Implementing business requirements as created and prioritised by the Product Owner.
• Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement.
• Collaborating with other developers, testers and business analysts as required, including pair programming.
• Participate in technical planning and implementation meetings.
• Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks.
• Participate in the Daily Standup meetings.
• Participate in code reviews.
• Participate in, and present demos where required.
• Participate in sessions with QA and business analyst to meet the delivery deadlines.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org call on 0727877383