|OBJECTIVES: Strong focus on optimising inventory with best practise principles responsible for R 1.8 Billion in stock
The Inventory Specialist is both a strategic and “hands on” position that works across the companies business Units on issues related to inventory optimisation, materials flow, supply chain management and demand planning. The person in this role establishes, maintains and monitors inventory and supply chain processes to help the business achieve its goals for efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
• Continuously monitor and report on key inventory metrics (turns, excess and obsolete, safety stock, stock availability, service part stock, slow moving, accounting reserves, etc.) to the Board of Directors on each Business Unit
• Implement and maintain processes to optimise inventory levels on finished goods, service parts, raw materials and safety stock.
• Identify and utilise tools within the ERP system to streamline materials flow in Operations
• Work with Purchasing Dept. and suppliers to implement, document and maintain progressive sourcing strategies (vendor managed inventory, Kanban systems, JIT programs, supplier stocking agreements, etc.)
• Evaluate and manage materials/inventory issues related to the introduction of new products, major product revisions or other changes to manufacturing or sourcing processes.
• Act as a liaison to the Sales department to insure sales forecasts are effectively driving materials demands without creating build-up of excess stock.
• Work with Service Department to analyse service parts usage, demand and stocking strategies for offsite service part warehouses
• Work with Production Dept. on the processing of field return parts to optimise flow and ensure efficient integration with Service Dept. demands for service parts in the field
• Work with Materials Dept. to coordinate and monitor cycle count activities
• Negotiate with Key Suppliers to ensure best prices and practices
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or relevant field
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
· Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software of forecasting techniques
· An analytical mid with a strong attention to detail
· Outstanding organisational and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
Please email your cv to email@example.com with the subject line: CIS
Due to the high volumes of CV’s, should you not hear from us within 1