Looking after East Africa and a local team, this person must be Sales Driven and commercially astute having managed a team before.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To actively promote, manage and lead the development & growth for the company in the Eastern African countries
To work actively with the Regional Sales office & Strategic Partners to assess and improve their performance, build their sales and technical capability, build pipeline, and improve the accuracy of forecasting within the allocated regions.
To actively seek and identify any new opportunities within the East Africa region, drive profitable growth and increasing market share and improve route to market. Support the establishment of their East African platform regionally and capitalize on cross-Group synergies.
This person must have a strong commercial background with solid experience in various business sectors mining, automotive, power, communications & security. Person needs to be a self-starter, customer focused, results driven, with the ability to operate independently while understanding the complexities of a highly matrixed global organization.
Obtain alignment and build organizational capability – Develop relationships across the Group to ensure collaboration and alignment to deliver on Segment ambitions
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage and work with regional office manager to create and execute strategies to increase sales in the region.
- To identify and leverage new business opportunities in new verticals and/or new products and service for the Group of Companies.
- Drive regional business performance – deliver on profitable growth targets for the segment working closely with the group of companies
- Provide coaching and mentorship to operational teams to
- To regularly review Regional Office Business plans and contributions and implement improvement plans monthly with the Regional Office Manager
- Accurately report on sales, growth initiatives, activities and current position of the region in relation to set goals
- Deliver a signature experience to the customer to ensure a high touch relation, differentiate solutions and expert services
- To follow up promptly on sales leads generated by internal Sales & Marketing activity.
- Demonstrate conscious competence, knowledge and influence of the Sales Cycle
- Commercially astute with a sound understanding of business processes and an abundance of common sense
- Manage the local CRM database
- To work with Regional Sales office, Distributors & Suppliers to ensure all leads are tracked and loaded.
- To improve quality of forecasting and maintain healthy pipeline.
Sales Execution & Channel Support
- To achieve allocated Regional sales targets.
- To understand and support order entry process.
- Work on key deals to help define and oversee how our products are deployed
- To provide support for preparation of large tenders for End Users and associated Channels within the East African Region.
- Source, qualify and select possible business partners to grow the business in the region.
- Leverage the regional platform and capitalize on cross-Group synergies
- Ensure staff are kept up to date with product knowledge and offerings that present opportunities
- To develop and maintain expertise with regards to the Group’s products and services
- To provide ongoing support and education to Regional Sales Managers to grow their sales and execution expertise with the companies Products and Services.
- To develop and execute a Professional Development Plan.
- To actively seek to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- Maintain a good knowledge of the economic trends in the region
- Facilitate training of staff where necessary
- To work cooperatively with local and the Group of companies encompassing Industrial, Automotive and Security Technologies
- To actively participate in team meetings.
- To provide reports and information as requested.
- To adhere to company policies and processes.
- To participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events as required.
- Compile data on competitive products and pricing and report it back to head office, maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings
- Analyze and monitor the various markets in the region, prepare business plans to identify and develop opportunities
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements, defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor strengths and weaknesses, forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share
- Full Profit and Loss for the East African Region
- Business Strategy/Short and long term goals
- Proactively mitigate risks
- To ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure professional standards are maintained in all business situations.
- To ensure all quality, health & safety regulations & standards are enforced
- Act as a representative at senior level with customers and peer organizations.
- Proven track record of sales and business development in Africa
- Specific Territory Business Sector knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong people management capabilities
- Accustomed to fast-changing, complex and ambiguous environment
- Structured, organized and entrepreneurial individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks
- Customer Experience champion
- At least five years’ experience or more in sales management
- Team Player – Passionate and dynamic professional with the energy and ability to obtain alignment and work effectively across teams and functions
- Team Builder – Good People management experience with a coaching and collaborative team-oriented leadership style
- Frequent travel will be required during the execution of the duties
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
- Relevant engineering background/Mechanical/Electrical/ICT
- It is envisaged that candidates will be in possession of a relevant marketing / sales diploma or certificate and preferable a further business qualification. Consideration will however be given to candidates with lessor formal qualifications with extensive practical industry and Africa experience at a senior level who can demonstrate previous successes in a similar position.
- Ideal candidate must have experience in industrial, automotive, communication and/or security products, understands channels of distribution and successfully managed operations across Africa
- Demonstrated experience in Account Management within Africa
- Strong sales management experience
- Working within a multi-cultural and global environment
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English, any other language is considered as a plus
Core competencies (Technical)
· Full knowledge of company’s products line and applications
· Strong technical background
· CRM Principles
Core competencies (Job related)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus/centric
- B2B within Africa
- Building Effective Teams
- Developing Direct Reports
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Strategic Agility
- Priority setting
- Drive for results
- Managerial courage
- Organizational Agility
- Proficient skills in Microsoft office programs and CRM systems
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Culturally diverse
Please email your cv to email@example.com with the subject line: Kenya
Due to the high volumes of CV’s, should you not hear from us within 1 week, your application was unsuccessful.