This role is responsible for driving sales strategy and success for the Data Centre vertical market segment working closely with regional / local sales and the global and regional segment growth strategy. Prepare and execute target account growth plans including specification development and actions at key value chain members and influencers. Act as the primary customer interface and develop a keen understanding of the assigned accounts business needs and drivers, decision making process and buying behavior and for leading the development and delivery of specifically tailored value propositions, accurate, recommended solution proposals and complete, customer life-cycle services. Solutions will encompass the companies complete portfolio consisting of Products, Systems, Solutions and Services and may also include the complete company portfolio where appropriate by customer.
This role must have expert knowledge of the Data Centre segment, technology, opportunities, problems, business drivers and competitors for each assigned customer. He/She is expected to develop and sustain relationships up to and including C-level executives within his assigned accounts in centralized engineering, operations, IT, risk management and procurement. This role sets the strategy for overall business growth for the assigned accounts and through developed domain expertise and activities that include but are not limited to voice of customer feedback, fostering teamwork and the support/development of complete proposal packages, value proposition creation, alliance development/commercial agreements/pricing and negotiation with key decision-makers necessary to drive growth.
This person would be responsible as our customers single point of contact in managing Data Centre key accounts. He / She must be a strong leader able to coordinate, align, influence externally and internally stakeholders with global / regional / Vertical and country sales teams to get things done through others without direct authority.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Account relationship management involving account resources at appropriate decision making level with titles up to and including C-level executives. On-going assessment of relationship efficiency and effectiveness, insuring Schneider electric is in the best position to win profitable business.
- Develop, maintain and project manage an account business plan for each account, specifying total opportunity at the account, areas where we have the greatest likelihood of success, key decision makers, competitors, likely buying factors, recommended actions, and status of priority initiatives.
- Provide required status and results reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Results and measurements will include quantitative and qualitative measures (revenue / orders, End-to-End profitability, extended portfolio, further strategic account development by defining mutual innovations and solutions projects, relationship development, etc.).
- Lead, coordinate and define a single, action oriented, account plan including input from all members of the regional/country sales, service and support team assigned and associated with the client(s) and as mutually agreed, where appropriate, by the assigned accounts. Establish domain expertise in strategic customers business, then develop and sustain relationships including high level contacts within assigned accounts.
- Lead and oversee the development of proposals, value propositions, alliances and contract negotiations with assigned accounts.
- Build, and then lead an account team in support of assigned accounts. Leverage and coordinate resources including general sales force, product and commercial marketing, division operations, services and segment managers to achieve sales objectives.
- Engage the customer in new product/service development initiatives. Assure accounts are top of mind within the company for customer focus groups in new technology development. Solicit their support in serving as a beta site for new offers and a reference case for accounts with similar applications.
- Provide leadership and input to marketing and operations to develop product and services solutions relevant to the accounts, assuring priority in product needs roadmap, as well as go to market strategies for the datacenter segment.
- Establish the company as a leader in the datacenter industry community. This role must be capable of serving as the companies primary spokesperson in the industry and be viewed as a credible peer of key industry executives.
- Responsible for customer relationship review process for accounts as part of the voice of customer process.
- Basic Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7-10 years Data Centre related experience in sales and/or business development
- Key account selling in the Data Centre industry
- Previous key account selling experience required
- Experience in Data Centre industry.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal
- English Proficiency
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strategic thinking and planning with strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Strong organizational, communication and project management skills
- Experience in the electrical infrastructure of the Data Centre industry, preferably with industrial power protection solutions.
- Experience with UPS, power distribution systems and/or power electronics highly desirable.
- MBA preferred
- Position Criteria
- Ability to multitask, complete projects with tight deadlines and proven product management experience. Good balance of technical and commercial acumen
- Must be experienced in competitive benchmarking of features and price, new product requirement definition, business plan development, value proposition development, new product launch, forecasting
- Must also be experienced with customer meetings and presentations.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, in virtual teams (across different locations), and cross-cultural environments
- Ability to learn, articulate, and support complex products and technologies
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Strong data mining and analysis skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Please email your cv to email@example.com with the subject line: Director Data Centre
Due to the high volumes of CV’s, should you not hear from us within 1 week, your application was unsuccessful.