The company is one of the leading EPC contractors in the water and wastewater treatment sector. We pride ourselves in offering sustainable water and wastewater treatment solutions to the mining, industrial, municipal and property development markets amongst others. We have a keen focus on projects on the African continent.
We looking for and individual who is/has:
- energetic, vibrant and enthusiastic,
- outstanding communication and technical writing skills,
- trustworthy and dedicated,
- initiative, drive and ability to work under pressure,
*able to handle several projects and tasks simultaneously,
- an excellent team player who can work under minimal supervision and
- willing to travel (domestically and internationally).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A BSc or BEng Engineering degree or B Tech Engineering diploma in mechanical, chemical or civil engineering.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a technical sales, proposals, tendering and estimation role.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the water and wastewater treatment industry.
- This includes physical, biological and chemical treatment processes, new technologies and a thorough understanding of the industry applications.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Valid driving licence and own reliable car required.
The candidate shall:
- oversee a team of sales engineers, who prepare technical proposals and tenders. This will include task delegation, understanding of the individual team members’ strengths, tracking the status of these tasks, following up and recording the status of the submitted bids.
- be responsible for meeting sales targets and taking responsibility for all aspects of costing and bid preparation of potential projects.
- development of value add propositions that enhance the companies opportunity to secure projects.
- reporting and tracking sales numbers in terms of tenders submitted, hit rates, leads generated, sales team KPIs etc.
- conduct technical evaluations and/or site inspections, initial design and costing of the capital and operational expenditure related to water and wastewater treatment systems i including possible refurbishments.
- preparing conceptual or preliminary designs and proposals according to each clients’ requirements and specifications.
- receiving and processing client requests or enquiries. This will be in the form of telephone calls, emails, website enquires etc.
- understanding, preparing and negotiating project contracts and terms and conditions.
- attending marketing events such as trade shows, conferences and seminars.
- preparation of professional technical sales presentations.
- maintaining existing relationships with clients.
The successful candidate will report to the Development and Sales Manager.
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Sales Lead
Due to the high volumes of CV’s, should you not hear from us within 1 week, your application was unsuccessful.