|LOCATION||South Africa, Johannesburg|
|MANAGEMENT TEAM:||Regional office Manager based in the designated
|REPORTS TO (Title)
|Direct: Executive or MD
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The company is a leading solutions provider and distribution partner to the residential and corporate security markets, supplying world-class intrusion detection, access control, surveillance and fire detection equipment.
The Management team are passionate about building strategic relationships with manufacturers to provide products that meet the specific needs of local businesses and communities. It achieves this through its wide range of solutions backed by an expansive distribution network, superior technical support and on-site assistance, training and consultation – providing installers and end-users
To actively manage the performance of Southern Africa. The Channel business includes channels such as System Integrators, Distributors & OEM Partners within the allocated Regions and all the associated End User Accounts (Direct or indirect Accounts) within these allocated regions as well to ensure the Sales Budget is achieved.
To work actively with Strategic Partners and Strategic End Users to assess and improve their performance, build their sales and technical capability, build pipeline, and improve the accuracy of forecasting within the allocated regions. To Manage sales at C level and reporting into the Managing Director
To actively seek and identify any new opportunities within the designated region. This person must have a strong access control, surveillance and fire detection equipment or networking/communications background with solid experience in selling into End Users and Installers. Person needs to be energetic, customer focused, results driven, with the ability to operate independently while understanding the complexities of a highly matrixed global organization.
Obtain alignment and build organizational capability – Develop relationships across the Group that ensure collaboration and alignment to deliver on Segment ambitions
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage existing business and regional relationships to maximize revenue.
- To identify and leverage new business opportunities in new verticals and/or new products and service for Company.
- Drive regional business performance – deliver on profitable growth targets for the segment
- To work with System Integrators and Installers to develop business plans.
- To regularly review sales Business plans and contributions and implement improvement plans monthly with the Managing Director
- To deploy Segment expertise – ensure we become a true solution provider to our key customers in the segment an achieve superior Customer satisfaction
- Deliver a signature experience of the customer to ensure a high touch relation, differentiate solutions and expert services
- To follow up promptly on sales leads generated by internal Sales & Marketing activity of the Group
- Demonstrate conscious competence, knowledge and influence of the Sales Cycle
- Commercially astute with a sound understanding of business processes and an abundance of common sense
- Manage the local CRM database
- To work with System Integrators, Distributors & OEM’s to ensure all leads are tracked and loaded.
- To improve quality of forecasting and maintain 3X pipeline.
Sales Execution & Channel Support
- To achieve allocated Regional sales targets.
- To understand and support order entry process.
- To assist in monitoring and facilitation of cash collection for outstanding debtors.
- To provide technical support for preparation of large tenders for End Users and associated Channels within the African Region.
- To develop and maintain domain expertise in target / vertical industry(s).
- To develop and maintain expertise with regards to all of the company’s products
- To provide ongoing support and education to Clients to grow their sales and execution expertise with all Products and Services.
- To actively disseminate product, competitor, and market information to System Integrators and work with them to provide inputs to competitive analysis.
- To develop and execute a Professional Development Plan.
- To actively seek to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- To work cooperatively with local and the Group of companies encompassing Industrial, Automotive and Security Technologies
- To actively participate in team meetings.
- To provide reports and information as requested.
- To adhere to company policies and processes.
- To participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events as required.
- Market Intelligence and cross functional collaboration
- To actively work with customers in the Region to generate case studies, white papers and success stories that can be utilized by Groups sales network.
- To track use of marketing tools by Channel Partners and encourage and educate on usage.
- To work with Channel Partners in the allocated regions on developing and executing marketing plans.
- Developing a digital end user engagement strategy and execution within the designated sectors a with a strong focus on B2B customers
- Proactively mitigate risks
- To ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure professional standards are maintained in all business situations.
- Act as a representative at senior level with customers and peer organizations.
- Successful C level management experience in Segment Sales
- Experience in networking, IT, infrastructure, intrusion detection, access control etc
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior analytical skills
- Strong people management capabilities
- Accustomed to fast-changing, complex and ambiguous environment
- Structured, organized individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks
- Business Developer – Proven track record segment sales
- Segment Expert – At least five years or more of segment sales management
- Team Player – Passionate and dynamic professional with the energy and ability to obtain alignment and work effectively across teams and functions
- Team Builder – Good People management experience with a coaching and collaborative team-oriented leadership style
- Managerial courage
- Organizational Agility
- CRM principles
- Self motivated
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Culturally diverse
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
- Ideal candidate must have experience in the corporate and security markets, understands channels of distribution and successfully managed operations across South Africa
- Demonstrated experience in Account Management within designated territory
- Strong sales management experience
- Working within a multi-cultural and global environment
- English mandatory, African languages advantageous
Core competencies (Technical)
· Full knowledge of company’s products line and applications
· Strong ITC background
· CRM Principles
Core competencies (Job related)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus/acentric
- Building Effective Teams
- Developing Direct Reports
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Strategic Agility
- Priority setting
- Drive for results
Please email your cv to email@example.com with the subject line: BDM
Due to the high volumes of CV’s, should you not hear from us within 1 week, your application was unsuccessful.