Position Description: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Manager leads all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, preparing activity reports and financial forecasts. The successful incumbent will also be responsible to improve profitability and improve on the current ERP system.
Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and adhere to the Groups standards, and result in flawless audits.
The Finance Manager supervises the Accounting and HR teams in the areas of benefits administration, new-hire onboarding, and other related functions.
- Provide leadership to finance and accounting areas of the organization.
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
- Prepare and analyse accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
- Administer payroll, using various tools and to deliver flawless payments.
- Supervise the Accounting and HR teams and assign jobs relevant to accounts payable, accounts receivable, new-hire onboarding, benefits administration, and benefits relationship management.
- Oversee maintenance of personnel files.
- Management of reporting to the Board of the Group
- Compliance, and reconciliation.
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested
- Transactional Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels, including Board of Directors, executive, and management.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax returns.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report.
- Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational performance.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Assist in production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Prepare and assist with developing audit schedules for the annual audit.
- Suggest improvements in processes to increase organizational effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proactive, hands-on manager who will own, in partnership with the Managing Director and take responsibility for the Finance and HR Department
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and Board Members of the Holding Group
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll
- Manufacturing experience is essential
- Proficiency with ERP or other accounting software and excellent Excel skills.
- While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of the Board Members