SUMMARY OF ROLE
To actively manage the performance of the Strategic Southern Africa countries which comprise of Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Angola & Zambia. The Channel business includes channels such as System Integrators, Distributors & OEM Partners within the Southern Africa Regions and all the associated End User Accounts (Direct or indirect Accounts) within these allocated regions as well to ensure the Sales Budget is achieved.
To work actively with Strategic Partners and Strategic End Users to assess and improve their performance, build their sales and technical capability, build pipeline, and improve the accuracy of forecasting within the allocated regions.
To actively seek and identify any new opportunities with the Southern Africa region.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Variable Speed Drive Management
- To manage the Southern Africa regional relationships to maximise revenue.
- To identify and leverage new business opportunities in new verticals and/or new products and services.
- To work with System Integrators, Distributors and OEM’s to develop business plans.
- To regularly review Southern Africa business plans and contributions and implement improvement plans monthly with the Regional Director.
- To develop and maintain all Variable Speed Drive Install Base within the allocated Regions.
- To follow up promptly on sales leads generated by internal Sales & Marketing activity.
- To work with System Integrators, Distributors & OEM’s to ensure all leads are tracked and loaded.
- To improve quality of forecasting and maintain 3X pipeline.
Sales Execution & Channel Support
- To achieve allocated Regional sales targets.
- To understand and support order entry process.
- To assist in monitoring and facilitation of cash collection for outstanding debtors.
- To provide technical support for preparation of large tenders for End Users and associated Channels within the Coastal Region.
- To develop and maintain domain expertise in target / vertical industry(s).
- To develop and maintain expertise with regards to Control Techniques Products & Services.
- To provide feedback to Global Product Teams
- To provide ongoing support and education to Regional Channel Partners to grow their sales and execution expertise with Control Techniques Products and Services.
- To actively disseminate product, competitor, and market information to System Integrators and work with them to provide inputs to competitive analysis.
- To develop and execute a Professional Development Plan.
- To actively seek to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- To work cooperatively with local and global colleagues.
- To actively participate in team meetings.
- To provide reports and information as requested.
- To adhere to company policies and processes.
- To participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events as required.
- To actively work with customers in the Coastal Region to generate case studies, white papers and success stories that can be utilised by Control Technique’s sales network.
- To track use of marketing tools by Channel Partners and encourage and educate on usage.
- To work with Channel Partners in the allocated regions on developing and executing marketing plans.
- To ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure professional standards are maintained in all business situations.
- Act as a representative at senior level with customers and peer organisations.
- Maintain sound understanding of current company reporting tools and ensure that the team maintains key performance indicator data in an accurate and timely manner
- Within the country
- European and International: meetings, training, etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
- Relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering at NQF level 5/6.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the Variable Speed Drive Industry
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Regional Account Management.
- Strong sales management experience highly preferred.
- Working within a multi-cultural and global environment
- English mandatory
Core competencies (Technical)
· Full knowledge of company’s products line and applications
· Strong technical background
Core competencies (Job related)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Developing Direct Reports
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Strategic Agility
- Priority setting
- Drive for results
- Managerial courage
- Organisational Agility
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Account Manager SA
Due to the high volumes of CV’s, should you not hear from us within 1
week, your application was unsuccessful.