SUMMARY OF ROLE
To actively drive and monitor the performance of the Western African countries which comprise of Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali, Guinea, Togo, Benin, Burkina, Gabon, Cameroon.
To work actively with the Regional Sales office, Strategic Partners and Strategic End Users to assess and improve their performance, build their sales and technical capability, build pipeline, and improve the accuracy of forecasting within the allocated regions.
To actively seek and identify any new opportunities with the West Africa region, drive profitable growth and increasing market share and improve route to market.
This person must have a strong industrial background with solid experience in various business sectors mining, automotive, power, communications & security. Person needs to be a self-starter, customer focused, results driven, with the ability to operate independently while understanding the complexities of a highly matrix global organisation.
Obtain alignment and build organisational capability – Develop relationships across the Group that ensure collaboration and alignment to deliver on Segment ambitions
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the Western African regional relationships to maximise revenue.
- To identify and leverage new business opportunities in new verticals and/or new products and service for the Group of Companies.
- Drive regional business performance – deliver on profitable growth targets for the segment working closely with the group of companies
- People skills – transfer of skills and identifying of succession planning
- To regularly review Regional African Business plans and contributions and implement improvement plans monthly with the Regional Manager based in the Western African Hub
- To deploy Segment expertise – ensure we become a true solution provider to our key customers in the segment an achieve superior Customer satisfaction
- Deliver a signature experience to the customer to ensure a high touch relation, differentiate solutions and expert services
- To follow up promptly on sales leads generated by internal Sales & Marketing activity.
- Demonstrate conscious competence, knowledge and influence of the Sales Cycle
- Commercially astute with a sound understanding of business processes and an abundance of common sense
- Manage the local CRM database
- To work with Regional Sales office, Distributors & OEM’s to ensure all leads are tracked and loaded.
- To improve quality of forecasting and maintain 3X pipeline.
Sales Execution & Channel Support
- To achieve allocated Regional sales targets.
- To understand and support order entry process.
- Work on key deals to help define and oversee how our products are deployed
- To provide support for preparation of large tenders for End Users and associated Channels within the West African Region.
- Source, qualify, select and manage: distributors, integrators and resellers. These must be proposed and reviewed with the Africa Business Executive prior to signing
- Leverage the regional platform and capitalise on cross-Group synergies
- To develop and maintain domain expertise in target / vertical industry(s).
- To develop and maintain expertise with regards to the companies products and services
- To provide ongoing support and education to Regional Sales Managers to grow their sales and execution expertise with the companies Products and Services.
- To develop and execute a Professional Development Plan.
- To actively seek to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- To work cooperatively with local and the Group of companies encompassing Industrial, Automotive and Security Technologies
- To actively participate in team meetings.
- To provide reports and information as requested.
- To adhere to company policies and processes.
- To participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events as required.
- Compile data on competitive products and pricing and report it back to head office, maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings
- To track use of marketing tools by Channel Partners and encourage and educate on usage.
- To work with Channel Partners in the allocated regions on developing and executing marketing plans.
- Full Profit and Loss for the West African Region
- Business Strategy/Short- and long-term goals
- Proactively mitigate risks
- To ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure professional standards are maintained in all business situations.
- Act as a representative at senior level with customers and peer organisations.
- Successful management experience in Segment Sales
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior analytical skills
- Strong people management capabilities
- Accustomed to fast-changing, complex and ambiguous environment
- Structured, organised individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks
- Business Developer – Proven track record segment sales
- Segment Expert – At least five years or more of segment sales management
- Team Player – Passionate and dynamic professional with the energy and ability to obtain alignment and work effectively across teams and functions
- Team Builder – Good People management experience with a coaching and collaborative team-oriented leadership style
- Frequent travel will be required during the execution of the duties
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
- Relevant Industrial Engineering Background/Mechanical/Electrical
- Ideal candidate must have experience in industrial products, understands channels of distribution and successfully managed operations across Africa
- Demonstrated experience in Account Management within Africa
- Strong sales management experience
- Working within a multi-cultural and global environment
- English mandatory, French mandatory, any other language is considered as a plus
Core competencies (Technical)
· Full knowledge of company’s products line and applications
· Strong technical background
· CRM Principles
Core competencies (Job related)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus/centric
- B2B within Africa
- Building Effective Teams
- Developing Direct Reports
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Strategic Agility
- Priority setting
- Drive for results
- Managerial courage
- Organisational Agility
- Proficient skills in Microsoft office programs and CRM systems
- Self motivated
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Culturally diverse
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: BDMA
Due to the high volumes of CV’s, should you not hear from us within 1 week, your application was unsuccessful.